Saturday, September 5, 2015

Pregnancy Happy Hour!


Locals to Victoria, Have you heard of Pregnancy Happy Hour?!

It's a fabulous pregnancy group that meets for tea and a chat every Friday evening at 5pm at 'Mothering Touch' the centre for new and expectant parents!

(which just so happens to be where I've been working for the past 4 years!) 

Pregnancy Happy Hour in the nest!
When I was pregnant with Huxley I closed the store at 6pm but always made sure that I ran into the space that we call 'the nest' to sit in on the last half hour of the group. It was a safe and comfortable space to share with others about everything and anything that was going on during our pregnancy. 

Founder, Director & Co-Owner of The Mothering Touch Centre
Mothering Touch's very own Eva Bild facilitates the group and I cannot say enough about how amazing her wealth of knowledge is on the subject of pregnancy, labour, postpartum care, and beyond! Eva always has a story to share and valuable advice to put you at ease. 

This group is fantastic at any stage of pregnancy, one thing I really enjoyed was the different perspectives that all the different women were able to give, each experience of pregnancy is unique and there is always something to learn about this very vast topic. Once you start going to pregnancy happy hour you can't help but return each week to see how everyone else is progressing and new questions pop up during each stage of the journey. The friends I made in the group became my 'new mom' friends after we had our babies, we started going to new baby group together, and now at a year we are all still friends! I felt so thankful to meet other expectant women because I was the first to have a baby out of most of my friends and this group made the experience feel much less isolating. 

Please feel free to share with your friends about the group because it truly is an asset for expectant women here in Victoria and we love to meet new people! 

Here I am at the start of my 3rd trimester in the nest!

Thanks for reading! 




1 comment: